Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Apologize

Didn’t know what I exactly said to offend;
not making an excuse or trying to defend,
all I wanted to be was a true friend
but I guess the wound was too deep to mend.

Not that I didn't try, because I did;
I know in the end it’s up to you to forgive
but sometimes you keep your feelings under a lid;
and that’s just no way to live.

Friendship is supposed to be a two-way street;
where both learn to give and take;
truth and honesty can at times be bittersweet
but only then can a real friendship make.

Never knew that I hurt your pride;
please don't keep those hard feelings inside
all it will do is eat you up alive;
love and forgiveness is what we need to survive.


Deep down inside I keep a positive view;
I’m truly sorry that I ever hurt you
but if we both keep our faith until the end;
in time I know we'll become friends again.



 Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment