Sunday, August 11, 2013

Frigid Inside

Dreams bouncing inside my head;
nestled up inside of my cocoon.
In the chilly January morn
trying to stay warm;
wishing it was the middle of June.

Here I am inside my room;
in this old house it’s so cold.
I don't want to get out of my bed;
no modern comforts of central heat,
wooden floors as cold as concrete!

No sooner do my feet touch the ground,
I do an about face and turn back around.
Since yesterday it was nice and warm;
forgetting I didn't dress for the occasion
I dove back into the bed I came from.

Ahh, back inside my layers I abide,
an unfruitful event of a feeble attempt;
foolishly getting out of bed too soon,
my body holding my mind in contempt;
wishing all the more so for the month of June.



Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment