Sunday, October 4, 2015

Only You

Kiss me, as I long for your touch
to me it means oh so much;
for it emboldens me to rise above
knowing that I have your love

With the back of your hand, touch my face,
stroking downward with a steady pace;
as I gaze in your eyes I don’t have to guess
the love for me you so willingly express.

Hold me close and whisper softly in my ear
and tell all the things of me you love so dear;
reiterating what I already know the truth to be
knowing I have your love makes me so happy.

It’s the little things you do that carry such weight;
the way you consider me and how you communicate
it only makes me want to reciprocate more and more
and love you for the rest of your life as no one has before.

It’s you that brings me joy when I’m feeling low,
knowing when to hold me and when to let go;
allowing me to vent when I go off on a rant or
encouraging me to carry on when I feel I can’t.

For you my heart will always be an open book,
never realizing it was you that all it took to
open up my eyes and see how love could really be
and it was you, only you that finally made me see.



Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment