Friday, February 5, 2016

Quay of Wonder

Stevie the prince wondered,
would she be rescued up on high
from her Castle In The Sky?
For the prince it seemed to be a pity
being caught up Living for the City
but it was a clever barricade
by Sir Duke that kept him delayed.
This had him now in heavy traffic
and though it was Hotter than July
nothing was going to keep the prince down
knowing he was aiming for Higher Ground.
He thought; For Once In My Life
That Girl is going to be my wife.
Meanwhile the princess still waiting
beginning to worry even more thinking
to herself, “I thought I was his Cherie Amour?”
The prince was still making his way
Overjoyed he was getting ever closer;
to him she was no Part Time Lover
in fact “I Was Made To Love Her”
he said, and “her love is what drives me.”
Finally the prince is at his destination
he saw her in her castle way up high
and said out loud “Isn’t She Lovely.”
“Now princess” he said; “don’t be
Uptight (Everything’s Alright)
this castle is none Too High for me.”
“Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing
I’ll be up their as soon as you throw
Your Ribbon In the Sky to me and I’ll
pull myself up and bring you down.”
On the ground the princess sobbed with joy;
the prince then asks the princess for her hand and
she replied “Signed, Sealed, Delivered, (I’m Yours).”
On their wedding day they exchanged vows
both without hesitation said Do I Do.
Now married for years the prince calls
from his job to let her know she’s still loved
singing “I Just Called to Say I Love You.”



Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment