Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A Stinging Rain

I see you in my memory;
it keeps replaying over and over
and I can’t break away as I keep
coming back to that cold and rainy day.

A water crescendo falling outside of my window,
drowning out the pain I can’t hide
but not the water shed of tears that hit the floor;
all alone as I hear you slam the front door.

The wheels keep turning in my brain
wondering where exactly we went wrong;
seeing you leave in the pouring rain
realizing the love was gone all along.

Running outside in the torrential rain
like a fool hoping against all hope;
praying that you’ll look back and turn around
but inside I know I’ll never see you again.

I’m wet, cold, and chilled to the bone
I don’t want to go inside, but I can’t stay here
in the middle of the road –  but you’re not
coming back – this much is clear.

Rainy days leave me feeling melancholy;
it takes me back every now and again
when I hear the patter on my window pane,
I painfully realize I no longer have anybody.



Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment