Thursday, July 27, 2017

Color Negative

Looking out among the waves of doubt,
I try to muster up optimism but
I’m swallowed up by a sea of uncertainty;
wave after wave it’s seems relentless
and it feels like I’m drowning.

It seems my joyous outlook has been broken;
never did I think I would have ever succumbed,
but I’m older now and with it creeps self doubt.
Even though wiser, this world is more unstable
and because of it, so has become my life.

Even the simple things of life seem out of my reach;
I know they’re out there but no longer seem attainable.
The sun reminds me of my past happiness and
every day I live reminds me of how far removed I am
from it and the shaky ground my life is on.

Life is so beautiful and at the same time so cruel;
I know this isn’t what life is supposed to be but if you
live long enough you will be a victor and a victim.
So if I end up with nothing at the end, despite my faith,
I know in the end I will have conquered everything.



Copyright be NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment