Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dream Crazy

3:17 am and I'm awakened by a sound;
something eerily familiar comes around
and it brings chills down my spine.
It’s here again and it’s stealing my time
nothing in the house seems to be amiss;
but somehow this gut feeling still exists.
It’s a presence I feel but can’t shake
and the reason as to why I'm awake.
It seems to be only messing with me,
my wife is asleep but it won't let me be.
So back to the bedroom in the bed I climb,
I pull the covers over me and look at the time;
it’s 4:38 am and I'm trying to get back to sleep again.
As I go back to sleep I wonder if this was all pretend;
time to wake up as the alarm goes off; it’s now 6 am.
I asked my wife how she slept and I get a surprise
she said she didn't sleep a wink - I can see it in her eyes.
She said I tossed and turned all night long
and that it was me that kept her up all along.
“So I didn't get up earlier this morning around 3 am?”
“no she said, and I tried to shake you again and again
but to no avail, you just laid there out like a light.”
But I could have sworn it was the other way around;
it was me that was awakened up by a sound!
She just stared at me and then said a few words;
“Now that you’re up I can sleep” and THAT was all I heard.



 Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment