Wednesday, March 18, 2015

No Light at the End of the Tunnel

In a maze of confusion here alone I sit;
the path of my future remains unclear
a decision I need to make but I can’t commit;
my future is not as bright as it may appear.

I fumble to try and make sense of it all
it’s like I’m reliving my tender years;
happening at the worst moments I recall
as I retreated into isolation and tears.

Though all grown up I’m still insecure,
I make the connection to when mother passed;
the pain and loss of her took years to endure
and it still comes up but thankfully it doesn’t last.

As I’ve grown old and wiser I finally realize
memories and relationships is what really matter;
broken marriages my happiness never materialized
and every choice I made seem to end up in disaster.

As I reflect some things to me are still so profound
while other things were so simple and yet so subtle;
Despite changes in my life I’ve yet to make ground
so I’ll never see the light at the end of the tunnel.



Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment