Thursday, July 11, 2013

In a Blink of an Eye

It all happened in a blink of an eye
even though you didn't know I was there;
in time you would shower me with love and care;
a miracle created from love growing inside.

Though you didn't know what I was going to be,
it was determined all along from both your genes;
from the color of my eyes to my personality traits;
from one world to another my arrival you'd anticipate.

Delicate and intricate, a marvel of creation;
needing all the warmth, love and attention;
to grow between us an unbreakable bond
that would carry me through my early life and years beyond.

From my first steps to the first words I ever uttered;
the first few years so precious to my development;
being there for me, in my time of need, keeping me content;
molding me, shaping me, and teaching me of things that mattered.

Some things to me as a child went by as a blur;
most things I don’t remember, but others I recall;
like spending time in the hospital with the nurse at my beckon call;
being sick with tuberculosis and hoping the doctor would cure.

Did things of foolishness as a young boy inclined;
saying a bad word without hesitation like a stupid dope
as my brothers ran off to tell mother leaving me behind;
getting spanked and my mouth washed thoroughly with soap.

But most of all I remember how you showered me with love and care;
teaching me godly things and helping me have a godly fear;
to hug me when sad, spank me when bad, and comfort me through tears;
never leaving me in my time of need; always being there.

Now the time has come for me to return the favor;
to help you in your time of need is my enjoyable labor.
Showing you the honor with a love that will never die;
forever thankful brought into this world in a blink of an eye.


Copyright by NewLife2008

No comments:

Post a Comment